Sunday, December 12, 2010

The End

I'm at the end of my light duty at work and the end of this blog (for now...at least until I get inspired again). Tomorrow night I will go back to road patrol at work. It's been 7 1/2 months since my surgery and my knee feels good.

It doesn't feel exactly like my right knee and it may never. Time will tell. I'm no longer tentative to run and I trust the fact that my quad is strong. Kneeling on it is still very uncomfortable, but that is something I can avoid doing or at least control when it happens. Hopefully that improves with time. The front of my shin and outside of my calf are still numb. I assume it's from the incision and wonder if I will ever regain normal feeling? And I get goose bumps over that entire area when I'm exercising. Weird, but I'm not too worried about it.

I've slowly started sparring again in class. I've adjusted the way the spar as I ease into it and that may not be a bad thing. I'm much less willing to do crazy kicking combinations and instead look to block and counter with hand techniques. Maybe this will make me more well rounded since I'm developing something I've never been strong with. Whatever the technique I'm just stoked to be out there again.

And as crazy as everyone thinks I am... I can't wait to go snowboarding! I'm already planning for an afternoon or two of riding over Christmas break. I did promise my hubby that the only time my board will leave the ground is on the chairlift. I'm not getting younger and "go big or go home" may not be the motto to live by anymore. However I can still get out there, ride hard and love it. I know what my knee can handle and I'm aware of the consequences if I push it too hard. Here goes.... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment