Sunday, March 14, 2010

Perspective


One year ago yesterday my friend and co-worker, Jason, passed away after a ~2 year battle with leukemia. Jason was the picture of health before his diagnosis. He played college baseball and was a huge hockey player as an adult. He packed his lunch every day for work and it seemed to always be the same.... turkey sandwich (cut in half), pretzel sticks, yogurt and an apple. He worked out all the time and had the muscles to prove it. And then out of the blue he was diagnosed with leukemia.


There was never a doubt that he would beat it. This was Jason we were talking about. He was strong and healthy. It was only a matter of time before he was back to work and back to playing hockey. But sadly that never happened and he passed away on 3/13/09. Jason left behind his wife, 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter.


When I'm pissed about my knee or frustrated at not being able to do certain things I'm trying to think of Jason. My situation can be fixed and I can return to normal activity when all is said and done. That never happened for Jason. So while this does suck and I may complain I'm trying to keep it in perspective.








No comments:

Post a Comment